- 25 Mins
- 7 Ingredients
A classic Mexican recipe with a rich tomato, herb and chilli flavour. A filling, tasty dish that the whole family will enjoy. Now with a Latin American twist!
What to shop
|500 g minced beef|
|1 tbsp oil|
|1 sachet Santa Maria Medium Fajita Seasoning Mix|
|500 ml tomato passata|
|100 ml water|
|150 g grated cheddar cheese|
|8 Santa Maria Corn & Wheat Soft Tortillas|
How to prepare
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6. Fry the meat in the oil until browned, lower the heat.
- In a bowl mix together the tomato passata, water, Fajita Seasoning Mix and half of the cheese. Pour half of the sauce over the meat and simmer for 2 mins stirring occasionally.
- Put the meat in the centre of each Tortilla. Roll up pancake style and lay side by side, seam side down, in a greased oven proof dish. Pour over the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Place the Enchiladas in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 10-15 mins, until piping hot.
- Serve with a side salad and a squirt of Santa Maria Soured Cream Topping.
Chef's Tip! Try mince or chicken, or fill with your favourite veggies.
For even more sauce try one of these for a Latin American Twist!
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: 01908 933109 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449