- How to prepare
- What to shop
Crispy on the outside, then soft and bursting with flavour on the inside… feel that Latin American vibe when you bite into these scrumptious cheat’s empanadas. Simple to make and guaranteed to go down a treat. Slather on some salsa, and get stuck in!
1 portion = 1 wrap
- Fry the onion and diced peppers in the olive oil until soft. Add the ground beef and break up with a wooden spoon. Add the Santa Maria Medium Taco Seasoning Mix and brown sugar and continue cooking under the beef is tender and there’s very little liquid left in the pan.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool.
- Heat the oil to around 170°C.
- In a small bowl thoroughly whisk the flour and water together to make a smooth paste.
- Place dollops of the beef mixture in the middle of the Santa Maria Mini Coconut & Black Pepper Soft Tortillas along with sprinklings of cheddar. Brush one half of the rim with the paste and fold over to stick together.
- Fry in batches (careful not to overcrowd the pan) until golden and crisp on both sides. Place on kitchen paper to soak up the excess oil then place on to a wire cooling rack while you make the dip.
- For the dip, mix together the Santa Maria Soured Cream Topping, Santa Maria Medium Salsa and chopped coriander together.
|0.5 tbsp cooking oil|
|0.25 pc large onion|
|0.75 pc mixed peppers|
|62.5 g minced beef|
|0.13 satchet Santa Maria Taco Seasoning Mix|
|0.25 tbsp light soft brown sugar|
|25 g mild grated cheddar|
|2 pcs Santa Maria Mini Coconut & Black Pepper Soft Tortillas|
|0.5 tbsp flour|
|0.5 tbsp water|
|0.25 litre frying oil|
|25 ml Santa Maria Soured Cream Topping|
|0.13 can Santa Maria Medium Salsa|
|1 tbsp cooking oil|
|0.5 pc large onion|
|1.5 pc mixed peppers|
|125 g minced beef|
|0.25 satchet Santa Maria Taco Seasoning Mix|
|0.5 tbsp light soft brown sugar|
|50 g mild grated cheddar|
|4 pcs Santa Maria Mini Coconut & Black Pepper Soft Tortillas|
|1 tbsp flour|
|1 tbsp water|
|0.5 litre frying oil|
|50 ml Santa Maria Soured Cream Topping|
|0.25 can Santa Maria Medium Salsa|
|2 tbsp cooking oil|
|1 pc large onion|
|3 pcs mixed peppers|
|250 g minced beef|
|0.5 satchet Santa Maria Taco Seasoning Mix|
|1 tbsp light soft brown sugar|
|100 g mild grated cheddar|
|8 pcs Santa Maria Mini Coconut & Black Pepper Soft Tortillas|
|2 tbsp flour|
|2 tbsp water|
|1 litre frying oil|
|100 ml Santa Maria Soured Cream Topping|
|0.5 can Santa Maria Medium Salsa|
Get some inspiration.
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: 0800 018 0002 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449