Vegan sponge cake with lime glaze
- 15 Mins
- 40 Mins
- 10 Ingredients
Vegan baking is so easy! Try this delightfully moist sponge cake with fresh lime glaze. Delicious and baked without any animal products.
What to shop
|Vegan sponge cake|
|300 g dairy-free margarine|
|400 g sugar|
|600 ml plant-based milk|
|1000 g plain flour|
|200 g potato flour|
|4 tsp bicarbonate of soda|
|1 tsp Santa Maria Rock Salt|
|4 tsp ground cardamom|
|Glaze and garnish|
|2 tsp fresh lime juice|
|300 g icing sugar|
How to prepare
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
2. Grease and flour a baking tin of roughly 1.5 litres.
3. Whisk the fat and sugar together in a bowl and add the plant-based milk.
4. Mix all the dry ingredients together in another bowl.
5. Pour the liquid over the flour mixture and whisk together into a thick batter.
6. Pour the batter into the pan and bake the cake in the lower part of the oven for about 40 minutes.
7. Grate the lime peel, avoiding the white part, and set aside in a dish.
8. Mix the fresh lime juice with the icing sugar into a thick glaze.
9. Allow the baked cake to cool and pour the glaze over. Top with lime peel.
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: 01908 933109 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449