- How to prepare
- What to shop
Vegan lasagne is not only healthy and delicious, but also so easy to make! In this recipe, we’ve made a yummy filling with carrots, onion and squash and then topped the lasagne with tofu, pine nuts and cherry tomatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Peel and finely grate the carrots. Finely chop the onions and dice the squash.
- Sauté all the vegetables in oil until softened in a large frying pan.
- Add the spices and crushed tomatoes. Let the sauce simmer for approx. 4 minutes on low heat.
- Melt dairy-free butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan on low heat and stir in the flour.
- Add the milk gradually, whisking constantly, and bring the sauce to the boil.
- Add the spices and let the sauce simmer for approx. 2 minutes.
- Layer the vegetable filling, sauce and lasagne sheets in a large, greased, ovenproof dish (approx. 2.5 litres). Add the white sauce to the last layer.
- Thinly slice the tofu and add to the sauce. Top with halved cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the lasagne with pine nuts and season with Santa Maria Rock Salt.
- Cook the lasagne in the lower part of the oven for approx. 40 minutes. Insert a skewer or a small knife into the lasagne to make sure it is soft and well cooked, with a golden brown surface.
- Serve with a green salad and garnish with fresh basil.
|2 Yellow onions|
|Oil for frying|
|1.5 tbsp Italian Basil|
|1 pinch Cayenne pepper|
|1 tbsp Smoked Paprika|
|0.5 tsp Santa Maria Rock Salt|
|2 tins Crushed tomatoes (800 g)|
|2.5 tbsp dairy-free butter|
|4 tbsp Wheat flour|
|800 ml Plant-based milk (soya, oat or cashew)|
|2 pinches salt|
|1 pinch White pepper|
|1 packet Egg-free lasagne sheets|
|250 g Natural tofu|
|1 pack cherry tomatoes|
|30 g Pine nuts|
|Fresh basil for garnish|
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: 0800 018 0002 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449