- How to prepare
- What to shop
This delicious take on traditional steak and chips uses our Tellicherry Black Pepper. Grown in Tellicherry, India this is the finest quality black pepper and has an aromatic, fruity taste with a pleasantly warm heat. Season your steaks and chips with this for an aromatic flavour.
For the butter
- Mash all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
For the chips
- Wash and rinse the potatoes until clean, cut the potatoes into centimeter thick chips and rinse in cold water before drying.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan to approx 120°c, place the chips into the pan to cook (not browning), remove, heat oil to approx 180°c and return chips to pan, cook till crisp and golden in colour.
- Remove the chips from the oil and season with Tellicherry Black Pepper and Rock Salt.
For the steak
- Let the steak breathe at room temp for 10 mins.
- Season the steaks with Tellicherry Black Pepper and Rock Salt. Meanwhile, heat the frying pan and add the oil and butter. Fry the steaks for 1-4 mins on each side, depending on how you like it cooked.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest for a few mins.
Serve with the butter, chips and a mixed salad.
Chef's Tip! For an alternative way to cook your chips, pop them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c, on a non-stick baking tray. Toss with oil and season them with Tellicherry Black Pepper and Rock Salt. Cook for approx 35 mins until golden. Turn halfway through cooking.
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: 0800 018 0002 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449