Winter salad with oven roasted Brussel sprouts, kale, apple and roasted walnuts
- 15 Mins
- 25 Mins
- 12 Ingredients
A delicious vegetarian salad filled with flavours from brussels sprouts, apple, kale and walnuts.
What to shop
|500 g Brussel sprouts|
|300 g kale|
|2 red apples|
|2 tsp Curry Powder|
|200 ml walnuts|
|1 tsp Chilli Powder|
|100 ml olive oil|
|3 tbsp apple cider vinegar|
|1 tsp Santa Maria Tellicherry Black Pepper|
|1 tsp salt|
|100 ml dried cranberries|
How to prepare
- Pre heat the oven to 200 °C.
- Rinse the sprouts, peel of the outer leaves and place them on an oven tray. Mix with oil and salt. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the brussels sprout has softened and got a nice colour.
- Rinse the kale and shred it into pieces. Fry on high heat with oil and season with salt.
- Cut the apples into larger cubes and cook on fry heat with a little oil. Finish with curry and salt.
- Roast the walnuts in the oven at 150 °C until they are evenly coloured.
- Make a dressing by finely chop shallots and mix with chili flakes, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, black pepper and salt.
- Put the salad in a bowl and top with the dressing, walnuts and dried cranberries.
Tip! For extra flavour and richness, put fried halloumi in the salad.
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: 01908 933109 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449