Taco Pie with Tortilla Base
- 45 Mins
- 13 Ingredients
You can't beat a pie in this weather. This crispy pie is made from tortillas, spicy taco meat and crunchy vegetables.
What to shop
|1 sachet Santa Maria Plain Flour Soft Tortillas|
|1 kg minced beef|
|1 tbsp butter or oil|
|1 sachet Santa Maria Taco Seasoning Mix|
|100 ml water|
|400 ml low fat crème fraiche|
|150 g cherry tomatoes, halved|
|100 g cheese, grated|
|1 squeezy Santa Maria Chunky Salsa Medium|
|0.5 packet Tortilla Chips Salted|
|0.5 iceberg lettuce, shredded|
|100 ml sweetcorn|
|1 bunch coriander|
How to prepare
- Overlap 4 tortillas in a 24 cm springform cake tin.
- Brown the minced beef in the butter or oil.
- Stir in the Taco Spice Mix and water and leave to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Fill the pie case with the mince and spread crème fraîche on top.
- Cover with the cherry tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake the pie in the centre of the oven for approx. 25 minutes, until the cheese is nicely browned.
- Garnish with the salsa, tortilla chips,lettuce, sweetcorn and coriander.
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: 01908 933109 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449