- 25 Mins
- 120 Mins
- 15 Ingredients
A traditional Spaghetti Bolognese with a kick; this dish uses the Chilli Explosion grinder spice. This spice blend combines carefully selected dried chillies with sweet paprika and a touch of chipotle. Tasty tomatoes round off the strength of the chilli, making Chilli Explosion the perfect addition to a rich tomato bolognese sauce.Try it tonight for a perfect midweek meal.
What to shop
|50 ml Olive oil|
|2 cloves Large garlic cloves, finely sliced|
|2 Large onions, finely chopped|
|2 sticks Celery, trimmed and finely diced|
|2 Carrots, trimmed and finely diced|
|500 g Fresh lean minced beef|
|2 cans Chopped tomatoes (400g)|
|300 ml Red wine (optional)|
|3 tsp Santa Maria Chilli Explosion|
|2 leaves Bay leaves|
|1 tsp Santa Maria Tellicherry Black Pepper|
|0.5 tsp Santa Maria Rock Salt|
|400 g Dried spaghetti|
|50 g Freshly grated parmesan cheese|
|2 slices Garlic bread|
How to prepare
- Fry the onions, carrots, celery and garlic for approx. 10 mins, until softened.
- Add the mince and stir until browned before adding the chopped tomatoes. Add the bay leaves, Chilli Explosion, Tellicherry Black Pepper, Rock Salt and wine. Stir and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Reduce the heat, put the lid on and leave it to simmer for about an hour and a half, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste. For that extra kick add the Chilli Explosion.
- Cook the spaghetti and serve up with freshly grated parmesan and Tellicherry Black Pepper. Don't forget the garlic bread!
Tip Alert! Make large portions, and freeze what you don't eat. Perfect for when you need a quick meal another night.
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: +44 (0)1908 933109 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449