Roast Chicken with Yoghurt, Salad and Lemon Zest
- 20 Mins
- 70 Mins
- 12 Ingredients
This roast dinner with a twist uses our Chicken & Steak grinder, adding an aromatic flavour to your meal. The lemon and yoghurt sauce adds a fresh, zesty taste with a pinch of Tellicherry Black Pepper and Rock Salt. Perfect for those that love their roast dinners, but are looking for something a bit different
What to shop
|1.5 kg Whole fresh chicken|
|1 Lemon, halved|
|50 g Butter, melted|
|3 tsp Santa Maria Chicken & Steak|
|750 g Potatoes, cut in half (medium sized)|
|7 Carrots, each chopped into 3 pieces|
|2 Red onions, cut into 4 pieces|
|Lemon and Yoghurt Sauce|
|200 ml Plain yoghurt|
|1 pcs Lemon zest|
|Santa Maria Tellicherry Black Pepper|
|Santa Maria Rock Salt|
How to prepare
- Heat the oven to 180°c/Gas mark 4. Put the chicken on a large roasting tray.
- Stuff the lemon halves into the chicken and rub the chicken all over with the melted butter. Then season the chicken liberally with the Chicken & Steak grinder.
- Put the potatoes, carrots and onions around the chicken, drizzle with oil and season with Rock Salt and Tellicherry Black Pepper.
- Roast for around 70 mins, according to packet instructions until cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the tray and place on a cutting board to rest, then carve.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables on a large platter and pour the pan juices over the top.
- Serve with zesty, lemon yoghurt and a mixed salad.
- Grab all the family to enjoy this roast dinner with a twist!
Chef's Tip! Cut out the potatoes and just serve with veggies and salad to make a really healthy chicken meal.
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: +44 (0)1908 933109 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449