Mexican Bean Melt
- 5 Mins
- 15 Mins
- 7 Ingredients
A delicious, quick and easy vegetarian light meal or snack. For a twist on this recipe replace our wholemeal tortillas with one of our exciting flavoured tortillas.
What to shop
|2 tbsp Oil|
|1 Red onion, sliced|
|1 Red pepper, sliced|
|1 Green pepper, sliced|
|1 tin Santa Maria Refried Beans Mild|
|8 Santa Maria Wholemeal Soft Tortillas|
|100 g Grated cheddar cheese|
How to prepare
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry onion and peppers until lightly browned.
- Spread Refried beans over half of each tortilla, top with the pepper mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold over to make semi-circles.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with salad.
Refried beans heating instructions
- Empty contents into a microwaveable bowl. Cover with cling film and heat for 60 seconds on full power.
- Remove beans from microwave and stir. Recover & heat for a further 30 seconds on full power.
- Leave to stand for a further 30 seconds before giving a final stir and serving.
Place contents of can in a small saucepan and heat over a low to medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring continually.
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: +44 (0)1908 933109 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449