- 90 Mins
- 6 Ingredients
A classic dessert with a lively contrast between smooth chocolate and salty, crunchy chips. Worth trying!
What to shop
|200 g Dark chocolate|
|15 g Butter|
|0.25 tsp Santa Maria Rock Salt|
|300 ml Whipping cream|
|3 tbsp Caster sugar|
How to prepare
- Break the chocolate into pieces, place in a bowl and melt it together with the butter and salt over boiling water.
- Gently beat the cream and caster sugar together. The consistency should be slightly runny.
- Separate the eggs and fold the yolks into the cream.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. You should be able to hold the bowl upside down.
- Stir the chocolate into the cream mixture.
- Add the beaten egg whites and fold in carefully.
- Pour the mousse into decorative bowls or glasses and put them somewhere cool, preferably for a good hour before serving.
- Serve with wipped cream and pomegranate seeds.
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: +44 (0)1908 933109 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449