- How to prepare
- What to shop
For something a bit different, try a roast chicken with our American Cajun blend. Taste the pepper and garlic mixed with a hint of Chilli.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Mix flour, American Cajun and salt in a bowl.
- Place the chicken fillets in the mix and make sure they are completely covered.
- Fry the chicken in a pan in cooking oil over medium heat until the chicken browns a nice color. Put aside.
- Peel the carrots, potatoes, parsnips and onions and cut into even sized pieces.
- Add the root vegetables into a baking dish, pour in the cooking oil, thyme, American Cajun, salt and pepper and mix.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for about 20 minutes, then remove them to place the chicken on top and cook for a further 8–10 minutes.
- Garnish the chicken and root vegetables with grated cheddar cheese and place under the grill in the oven until golden brown.
- Let cool for a while, top with crème fraiche and chopped parsley.
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: 0800 018 0002 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449