- How to prepare
- What to shop
In Jamaica Jerk is both a way of grilling / barbecuing and a mixture of spices. It enhances the flavour of chicken or meat and can even be considered fiery. Perfect when served with a sweet fruity salsa.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (360° F).
- Mix the lime juice, Jamaican Jerk, garlic, salt and rapeseed oil to make a marinade.
- Put the chicken drumsticks in a plastic bag; add the marinade, leave to marinate for 30 minutes. Place the chicken drumsticks in an ovenproof dish and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Mix the chopped salsa ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste.
- When the rice is cooked, drain the beans and add to the cooked rice. Add the thinly sliced spring onions, olive oil and lime juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir and allow to soften for a couple of minutes.
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: 0800 018 0002 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449