Ethopian Berbere chicken with lime and parsley couscous
- 45 Mins
- 30 Mins
- 38 Ingredients
- How to prepare
- What to shop
An Ethiopian Berbere is essentially a blend of fiery spices such as paprika, chilli, ginger, nutmeg and cardamom. It gives a kick to vegetables, meat and rice. Here it brings the chicken marinade to life and gives a very special flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (360° F). Mix the Ethiopian Berbere, salt and oil to create a marinade.
- Place the chicken breasts in a dish and pour over the marinade. Coat the meat all over with the marinade and leave to marinate for 30 mins at room temperature.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Fry the chicken over medium heat until golden brown
- Continue to cook the chicken in the oven to 65° C (150° F) on an inserted meat thermometer.
- Mix the yoghurt, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Prepare the couscous according to the instructions on the pack. Then add the olive oil, lime juice and season to taste with salt.
- Cook the green beans in salted water for 5 mins, drain and split the beans down the middle. Add the parsley and beans to the warm couscous.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and sprinkle over the couscous. Crumble the feta cheese on top.
- Slice the chicken breasts and serve up.
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: 0800 018 0002 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449