Chilli Con Carne
- 35 Mins
- 6 Ingredients
A classic Mexican dish, warming and rich in flavour with hot chillies. This Chilli recipe is the perfect winter warmer.
What to shop
How to prepare
- Fry the minced beef and finely chopped onion in a pan until brown.
- Sprinkle the Chilli Con Carne Seasoning Mix and stir well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and water, and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 25 mins, or until the meat is cooked and liquid evaporated.
- Add drained kidney beans and simmer for a further 5 mins.
- Serve with warmed Corn and Wheat Tortillas, or Rice. To really spice it up, top with Red Jalapeños, or cool down with Soured Cream Topping and a fresh salad.
Other Recipe Ideas -
- To mix it up a bit, load a fluffy jacket potato with a generous serving of Chilli - why not add a sprinkling of cheese too.
- How about adding Chilli to your Nachos? Messy, but so much fun to eat.
- Cook your Chilli in a slow cooker - walking in after a long day at work to this smell - nothing beats it.
Tip Alert! Make large portions, and freeze what you don't eat. Perfect for when you need a quick meal another night.
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: 01908 933109 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449