Jersusalem artichoke puree with aubergine
- 14 Ingredients
Make a puree of artichoke and serve together with baked aubergine. Perfect as an appetizer or together with a nice of fish dish or fried halloumi.
What to shop
|Jersusalem artichoke puree|
|800 g jordärtskockor|
|5 dl milk|
|100 g butter|
|Oven baked aubergine|
|2 pcs auberginer|
|1 tbsp Santa Maria Paprikapulver|
|2 pcs shallots|
|1.5 dl olivolja|
|1 dl kalamataoliver|
|1 pot parsley|
|0.5 dl Santa Maria Kapris|
|0.5 pc red chilli|
|2 tbsp apple cider vinegar|
|Santa Maria Tellicherry Black Pepper|
How to prepare
- Rinse the Jerusalem artichokes thoroughly and cut them into smaller pieces. Put them in a saucepan, add the milk and butter and cover with a baking sheet paper. Let it simmer until the artichokes are really soft.
- Strain but save the cooking liquid. Mix the artichokes into a smooth puree with some of the cooking liquid to the desired consistency. Season with salt.
Oven baked aubergine
- Pre heat the oven to 225 °C.
Cut the aubergine in halves and place on an oven tray with baking paper. Add salt, drizzle with some olive oil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out the aubergines and season with paprika powder and bake for another 1-2 minutes. Take out and cover them so they stay warm.
- Finely chop and fry the shallot in olive oil until soft.
- Chop the olives and parsley and add to the onion along with, capers, chili and apple cider vinegar. Season with salt and black pepper and remove from the stove.
- Scoop out the aubergine from its peel and serve with the puree topped with the vinaigrette.
Santa Maria is a part of the world food and flavouring division of Paulig group