- How to prepare
- What to shop
The rustic culinary culture of Louisiana and New Orleans is a melting pot, a blend of French tradition and Spanish flavours. Cajun spice has always been integral to this culture. This tasty dish combines the taste of American Cajun spiced meat with the sweetness, saltiness, freshness and heat from sweet potatoes, feta cheese and corn salsa.
Tip! Try it with chicken breast, just as delicious. Can also be grilled or barbecued.
- Mix the oil, Rock Salt and American Cajun with the sirloin steak in a dish.
- Rub the steaks so that they're covered with the marinade and leave to marinate at room temp for 30 mins.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade. Drizzle oil in a frying pan and fry over medium heat according to individual taste – about 3 mins per side for medium rare.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (390° F).
- Peel and cut sweet potato into 2 cm slices. Place the slices in an ovenproof dish and then drizzle over the oil, with a pinch of Rock Salt and Tellicherry Black Pepper.
- Bake for 40 mins. Remove from the oven and crumble the feta cheese over just before serving.
Sweet Corn Salsa
- Heat a frying pan over high heat and add the oil.
- Drain the corn and sizzle in the oil together with the chilli for 3 mins or until the corn is golden.
- Remove the mixture from the heat; add the lime juice and leave to cool. Stir in the scallions and coriander. Season to taste with Rock Salt and Tellicherry Black Pepper.
Santa Maria UK Ltd ∙ Nimbus House, Maidstone Road ∙ Kingston, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK10 0BD ∙ Telephone numbers: UK careline: 0800 018 0002 ∙ ROI: 1800 577 449